Wednesday, June 10, 2009

pretty purple welcome mat.

Praxis II -- 191/200. ETS even dropped an extra 85 cents to send me a certificate declaring me smarter than the average teacher. Top 15% in the nation. I'm pretty happy with that.

PLT is Saturday, and I was moron enough to not get these tests out of the way earlier, so I've got one shot to pass. Results don't come back until less than a month before school starts. Nerve wracking.


I'm one of those people who kind of fell into education. I ran out of core classes to take and declared well into my junior year simply because I had my heart set on music and wasn't ready to settle for a more academic career. I'm not the kind of person whose passion has always been teaching, although I can do it pretty well -- it's an acquired skill. My greatest fear is routine, so I'm already thinking about what I want to conquer next. (I was always pathetic at advanced math, so I'm seriously considering a remedial in trig.)

Anyway, here's my homage to student teaching and hoping that at some point I really do figure out what I want to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment